work... punch out... sleep... wake at 7am... go back to sleep... oversleep... skip bath... rush to work... punch in... work... punch out... eat... punch in... work... punch out... sleep... wake at 7am... go back to sleep... oversleep... rush to work... punch in... work... switch depts... work... switch depts... work... sleep... work... sleep on a bench... oversleep... miss shift... go on probation... work... skip meal... sleep... skip meal... work...
Unable to keep up with the oscillation between being awake and being asleep, my level of consciousness has plateaued so that I am not sure if certain memories of the last 72 hours are real or not. Walking around feels a bit surreal. For the past few days, if I haven't been sleeping, I've been working, and my systems can't keep up.
Sunday, June 05, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Try ans squeeze in a shower somewhere in the middle. Every other day is fine (Lets start small). Then plant clues around home and work as if you are setting up a grand mystery for someone to solve.
Hush. Things should calm down soon... hopefully!
Jamaicans use "hush" as a term of sympathy, whereas from a Trini, he is commanding you to "shut up" or "hush up". Much misunderstanding arises from this ambiguity.
If you are aware of it, it is amusing to purposefully to reinterpret a comment using the "other" meaning.
This is going to sound very parental, but it seems to me that we need to solve that oversleeping that habitually finds its way into your routine.Your lack of sleep on particular days seems to be compounding your problem of floating between sleeping, waking up and working. It sounds like a crazy routine.
Could it be the varying shifts vs. a regularised one is messing with your body cycle and your body just hasn't adjusted yet? Just a thought.Never mind, son. It too will pass.
Yes, the oversleeping is not solely a function of the job. Because I am a nocturnal animal, I compound the problem. The solution would require a change in my nature, which is kinda hard, to say the least. But this week has truly been work and sleep. The person in charge of scheduling was lazy.
Being a nocturnal animal myself , as you recall, I can relate to the problem of not being able to change. I've tried for years, but I've not been able to sustain it for any meaningful period of time and I've been like this from your age. So it's not looking good for you.
On the other hand, couldn't the lazy scheduler have been dealt with by complaints of workers en masse?
Post a Comment