48 hours. That's how close I came to being kicked out of college. Again.
Technically, I have never been kicked out of college. I sent in a letter of withdrawal to the University of the West Indies which was officially recognized as such. But I was merely preempting that which I knew was coming anyway. Two and a half years of Submerge sandwiches only leaves mustard stains on your transcript, not good grades.
And I'm only foolish enough to make the same mistakes when it comes to women, not work. It was not academic tomfoolery that endangered my enrollment this time, but financial entanglements. A neverending series of twists and turns meant that the loan I thought I had secured was, in reality, a figment of my imagination. Nothing more. Ironically, I already had money in place for the upcoming 2005-06 academic year, but this wouldn't matter if I was no longer enrolled at the school.
Long story short. I got an eleventh-hour reprieve from the warden (read financial aid officer) yesterday, so that I didn't have to reapply to the college. Anticipated funds are as good as the real thing.
Tuesday, June 14, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Principle of credit. Works in a pinch but not reassuring when need has been met. Thank God you are ok now.
Glad all is well now. Count your blessings.
Post a Comment