9:00am
Started training for my new job. Handshakes and smiles apparently out of fashion. New method of introduction. Write a rap song about your name. Unfortunately, I'm not kidding. Had to rap it over the not-so-accomplished vocal beatboxing of the group. In the interest of continuing my embarrassment, full text reproduced below:
If you wanna know my stock
Take the metal from the lock
Gotta flee from the man
Then you get Keiran
9:13am
I recover from the introductions, which simultaneously revealed the inanity of the exercise and the complete inability of those present to recognize, let alone maintain, rhythm.
11:45am
Completed sit-down portion of the training. Went for four-hour lunch break.
3:58pm
Arrived for shadow shift, which to my surprise does not involve direct sunlight and miming skills.
4:49pm
Completed hands-on training.
Literally two seconds later
Fielded my first call. By which I mean eye-balled it, caught it, fumbled it, bounced it around, juggled it and eventually dropped it.
6:00pm
Feel confident enough to open my book. Phone rings constantly. No reading takes place.
7:15pm
Feel confident enough to let the other guy take a bathroom break. Nothing happens.
9:30pm
I've put people on hold, transferred them, relayed calendar events, forwarded, connected to answering machines, found phone numbers without a hitch. Decide to respond to blogs and write a post.
Periphery
The real number is (607) 274-3011.
3 comments:
Stitches, side...oh my gosh. Stop. Seriously, side hurts. What?! LOL!!! you're rapping,... people's names. Side. Ouch.
I'm not sure how to respond for fear you may confirm your post as truth. That would be inanity.
At least you are employed.........My mind fails to to comprehend.
plant
Post a Comment