I knew very little about professional computer gaming before penning this story, and it was, as always, fascinating to learn about a new world. I researched quite a bit to try and get details right, which at one point involved surreptitious reading of my brother's gaming magazines. It was important to me to understand how gamers interacted with the real world given their immersion in a virtual one.
Fatal1ty and the other members of Clan Kapitol do exist, and are quite successful. Of course, where reality restricted my storytelling, I took licence. The professional gamers whose likenesses are used in the story are perfectly law-abiding citizens. My Stoll Center is a fictional building squeezed into a real New York City, but the historical information Li provides is all accurate, as is Fatal1ty's insignia.
More Info:
Fatal1ty's website
BBC interview with Fatal1ty May 26, 2005
Cyberathlete Professional League
PC Gamer Magazine online
Thursday, May 26, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment